Business Name Registration
(As defined by DTI)
A business name is a name used in business transactions other than true names of persons and / or judicial entities. Business Name Registration is one of the major frontline services that DTI-NCR handles. It regulates the requirements and procedures needed in registering a business name.
There is a need to register business names to protect both the consumers and business owners. The process is able to identify the name and address of the establishment, and the identity of the owner. Thus, consumers are assured of fair trade transactions because they are provided with the mechanism to trace essential information on the firm and its owner. Likewise, business name registration protects business name owners because it entitles them to the exclusive use of the business name that they have chosen. For details, please visit: http://www.dtincr.ph/service_businessnameregistration.php
The Business Name Registration Certificate issued by DTI is valid for five years.
- Accomplished Business Name Registration Form
- 2pcs 2x2 colored ID Picture
- Tax Identification Number (TIN) (Optional)
- List of five business names ranked according to preference
- Registration Fee:
- Documentary Stamp Tax: Php 15.00
- Scope: Barangay - Php 200.00
For NEW and RENEWAL Application:
- Get the Application Form from the Office of the Cooperative and Manpower Development or download from http://www.dtincr.ph/downloads.php
- Fill up and submit to the same office together with the requirements and application fee
- Approval may take a week; bring your claim stub upon claiming the application at the same office when notified.
For queries, please visit: http://www.bnrs.dti.gov.ph/web/guest/faqs